1) Seattle User Group Kickoff Meeting
Monday, February 10th, at Building 34 on Microsoft Main Campus
That’s right, Seattle’s group is gonna meet at the Mothership itself – the building where I worked when I was working on Power Pivot, which also happens to be the building where Bill Gates used to work.
We already have 70 of the 125 seats filled, so act fast!
***REGISTER HERE: https://seattlemeug.eventbrite.com
Exclusive 20-Minute Video Kickoff Presentation by Yours Truly – You Can Only See This at MEUG In-Person Events (Such as Seattle on Feb 10)
2) Alchemy Update – Power Writing Session at Undisclosed Location
Yes we’ve been a bit behind on the new book. But last week I took an emergency plane trip to the MrExcel Secret Winter HQ so we could get this sucker done.
Time Lapse Photos of an Epic Writing Session:
7 am Breakfast: Eggs / Sausage / Choco Chip Pancakes for Me, Mahi Sandwich for Bill (Fancy!)
4 pm Recharge: Holy Cow, Dr. Pepper Slurpee??? YES. And Diet Coke for Bill (Bah!)
3 am Still Going Strong: Note Empty Coffee Mug and Slurpee cup.
Summary of Results:
- On Day 1 we sent 150+ pages sent to off for copy editing. Several of those chapters are already back in Bill’s hands for the addition of his magic touch.
- On Day 2 we added Power View, Power Map, and Power Query to the book. We wrote about 70 pages or so on the spot, fueled by the fine nutrition pictured above.
- “Early Bird” preview versions will be available THIS MONTH to students of P3 Adaptive University (which is known as “Advanced Power Pivot” over on Chandoo.org)
3) P3 Adaptive University – Sign Up to Be Notified for Feb 10 Launch
Just a follow up from last week: we’re counting down to the 2014 re-launch:
Click here to be added to the notifications list
If you have questions or just can’t bear to wait til next week, drop us a note at [email protected]